The Bean Path Sowing Seeds Scholarship Program
Guidelines and Instructions
The Bean Path awards high school seniors with scholarships to assist with their educational advancement. The purpose of this scholarship is to expand our mission of sowing technical expertise in order to grow networks and fertilize communities. The scholarship can be used during their freshman year in college to purchase books for their college-level courses, a laptop, or software or materials needed for courses.
- Must be a current resident of the metro-Jackson and attend a Jackson Public School’s high school;
- US citizen;
- Must be planning to attend a two or four-year institution of higher learning; and
- Must plan to major in a STEM-related program.
SIZE OF REQUEST:
Requests may be in the $500 to $2,000 range. The average award is $1,000.
Scholarship applications are due between May 1-June 15, 2020.
The scholarship selection committee meets in June to review applications and select the recipient. Scholarship selections are based on the greatest need and the total number awarded each year varies based on the amount of funds available. The recipient will be recognized in July before the monthly Tech Office Hours.
You will also need the following information:
- One letter of recommendation (e.g. a teacher, a mentor, a guidance counselor, an employer);
- A copy of your acceptance letter; and
- A copy of your high school transcript (can be unofficial).